Wednesday 8 December 2010

red and white

I am almost done with my latest work
it will be in a show which is explained here:

I ended up adding more red by needle felting it into the background,
which I think looks better; softer than my original stitches


I am thinking of maybe adding a piece of lace and a few more stitches,
but need to get going on that as it is to be delivered to the gallery this Friday morning.



I think the black background goes better...do you??

Thanks again goes to Marco Crivello who asked me to participate in this show.

I am then going up to Suffolk to visit with my in-laws since we
will be in the US for Christmas

I leave next week already! I do not really feel ready.......but then again......
doubt I would get much more done if I was home longer

my head is still sort of floating around and cannot quite land and focus
I am SO looking forward to the new year

this one has been so up and down; such extremes

am looking forward to coming back and getting back to my plans!

it is really cold here........altho no more snow
I hope everyone else is doing well and gearing up for
an exciting and beautiful holiday season

__a

2 comments:

  1. Hi, You left a comment on, Birds of What Feather?; one of my pieces displayed on Fiber Arts. I wanted to view your work and did so on the Fiber arts site and here, on your blog.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Your work! It is wonderfully imaginative and the subtle colorations are positioned and paired beautifully. This is just an idea, but as I was looking at your work I thought about how wonderful some of your designs would look as large decorative pillows!! They'd be amazing!
    I am going to become a follower of your blog to check in from time to time to see what your up to/what you've created. I really do hope you'll check out my blog: www.rossini-malafronte.blogspot.com and become a follower of mine as well to visit from time to time! happy Holidays, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so interesting to see your artwork in progress and to read what you are thinking while creating it.

    So you are coming home to the US for Christmas? That's great! How is your dad doing, Anne?

    ReplyDelete